When it comes to preparing the best appetizers, one can not go through the list without quoting meatballs. They are easy to cook and take among the shortest methods to prepare. Below, is a brief recipe of how to prepare mouth watering meat balls.
– 2 lb of ground beef/Pork/Lamb ( or a combination of all the three)
– 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
– 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
– One teaspoonful of sea salt
– One cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– Fresh red pepper
– Coconut oil
Ingredients for the barbecue sauce
– 2 table spoon of coconut oil
– 2 spoonful of chili powder
– one tablespoon of vinegar
– one freshly chopped green onion
– 2cups of ketchup
– Honey (optional)
– Sauce (optional)
Directions to prepare barbecue meat balls
1) Firstly, pre-heat the oven at 200 degree Celsius ( 392 Fahrenheit )
2) Secondly, combine the first ingredients ( ground beef, freshly sliced onions, eggs, add some salt, milk, the bread crumbs, red pepper and lastly, the coconut oil) in an extra large bowl. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
3) Mix them completely for about 3 minutes
4) After the combination looks even, roll the mixture into bite-size balls. Small round sizable balls while putting them in another larger bowl.
5) Heat the coconut oil till it is hot enough. Using a spoon,apply the coconut oil on both sides of the meat balls browning them. Do this for about 5 to 6 minutes.
6) Put the coconut soaked balls in a baking oven dish.
7) Bake the balls at 200 degree Celsius (392 Fahrenheit ) for 35 to 40 minutes. Then remove them from the oven.
8) At this point, take the ingredients for the barbecue sauce and pour over the meat balls dish. Put them back in the oven and bake for 60 more minutes.
The barbecued meat balls will be ready to serve after step 8 is achieved. This recipe serves 4 people. You can use the barbecue meat balls as the main meal or more so, serve with other meals. The meals that would go well with barbecued meat balls include:- mashed potatoes or spaghetti with lots of tomato sauce. Barbecued meat balls can also be used as appetizers before the main meal is prepared. When taking them as appetizers, add some taste to them by sprinkling fried onions, smoked paprika or try out chopped herbs to make it a tantalizing meal.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 1 hr 20 minutes